On Friday, Apple Inc said that a component failure in some units of the MacBook Pro has caused the built-in battery of the units to expand. The tech giant also announced that the company will be offering a free replacement for the batteries of such units worldwide.
Apple said that the flaw was reported in some 13-inch MacBook Pros that have no touch bars. However, the company said that it is not considered as a safety issue.
On the Apple support page, the company said that the units of the MacBook Pro that are affected were those that were manufactured between the period of October 2016 and October 2017. However, the tech giant did not disclose the actual number of MacBooks that were affected by the said issue.
Previously, the iPhone maker came under intense scrutiny after it released a confirmation saying that the software that aims to deal with the aging batteries in various iPhone models such as those in the iPhone 6, iPhone 6s and the iPhone SE models could slow down the performance of the smartphones. The tech giant later issued an apology for the issue. The company reduced the price of battery replacement for the affected models from $79 to $29.